Application Development Framework
The Application development framework is a package that is developed to help our partners to get started quickly with developing their own web applications, drastically reducing time to market. It already has all the ingredients to make a web application on top of the Datonis IOT Platform:
- Ruby on Rails - A popular mature framework for building web applications
- MongoDB - MongoDB is a document database with the scalability and flexibility that you want with the querying and indexing that you need.
- React Bootstrap - The most popular front-end framework, rebuilt for React (uses Bootstrap beneath)
- Datonis API client
Following are recommended before you can start using the application development framework:
- Basic understanding of object modeling
- Prior experience with developing web applications will help
- Experience with a scripting language like python, ruby, php will be useful
- Experience with developing and using REST APIs will be useful
Source code access and documentation
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or create a ticket on our Support portal.
The repository has all the documentation required for getting started and writing your own UI pages
Development Environment Setup
Development setup has been tested on following two platforms. Please click the platform you have and navigate to the instructions for setup: