- 1 Getting started with Datonis Factory
- 2 Define, configure and manage Factory master data
- 3 Visualize LIVE factory production and condition based monitoring (CBM) data
- 4 Do daily workcenter level planning, scheduling and production booking
- 5 Configure alerts and notifications, daily emails
- 6 Reports - Daily Production Insights
- 7 Reports - Workcenter Analysis
- 8 Reports - Loss Analysis
- 9 Reports - Tools Maintenance
- 10 Factory Data as a Service
Getting started with Datonis Factory
Once the device data is available on Datonis platform the factory application gives business context to this data and helps the end user to make data driven informed operational decisions and also provides actionable insights. Various aspects of operations like production, productivity (OEE), quality, condition of critical machine parameters, process capability and energy can be monitored, measured and improved using this application. Datonis Factory allows you to:
- Define, configure and manage Factory master data
- Visualize LIVE factory production and condition based monitoring (CBM) data
- Do daily workcenter level planning, scheduling and production booking
- Configure alerts and notifications, daily emails
- Reports - Daily Production Insights
- Reports - Workcenter Analysis
- Reports - Loss Analysis
- Reports - Tools Maintenance
- Business Intelligence
- Factory Data as a Service
Define, configure and manage Factory master data
Datonis Factory allows the user to configure the digital factory in sync with the physical world. Master data is categorized into Organizational, Production, CBM and Part Quality.
- Organizational Data - Users can define plant, department, cell, workcenter, shifts, shift plans. Plant - Department - Cell - Workcenter hierarchy is also defined here which can have a single - many relationship as we move from plant to workcenters. Workcenter association with Datonis THING is also established and configuration for productivity and CBM parameters can be done. Different options like automatic production booking, downtime reason association, operator association, idle popup time and maintenance thresholds can be defined. In CBM configuration window, parameters can be associated with workcenter along with their expected values, lower and upper control limits amongst others. Defining parameters in CBM data is a pre-requisite to workcenter - parameter association. Works calendar can be setup in the SHIFT PLANS menu along with planned downtimes if any.
- Production Data - Users can define and configure the part, production routing, tools, downtime reason and quality rejection code in this section. Defining parts and workcenters are a pre-requisite to defining production routings. Cycle times for part - operation - workcenter combination are defined along with online content of work (typically loading and unloading), machine controlled time and offline content of work (manual work offline to machine auto cycle). This standard cycle time data is used for establishing the P (productivity) parameter of OEE calculation. Downtime reason codes (typically TPM losses) which become available in the application for booking planned and unplanned downtimes are defined and configured here. Quality rejection codes which are also booked from the application for classifying the rejections are defined in this section.
- CBM Data - Critical machine parameters like temperature, pressure, vibration, tension, etc. are defined and configured here. These parameters can be classified based on criticality and TPM classifier for more focused actionable viewing in the application. Different machine failure modes are also defined here which can then be used in the application to book actual machine failures.
- Part Quality Data - Part quality metrics for part - operation combination are defined here. Metrics like dimensions, weight, etc. which are measured and tested online for every part produced on the line can be defined here for establishing capability of the process.
Visualize LIVE factory production and condition based monitoring (CBM) data
Datonis Factory application allows the business user to get an almost real time LIVE dashboard view of operations data from production and condition based monitoring perspective.
- Live Production Dashboard - Production, elapsed time, unplanned downtime and uptime in different workcenters for a particular configured cell along with productive and unproductive time slots, since beginning of shit are displayed here. User can click on the relevant workcenter to fetch next level of operational metrics of that workcenter.
- Live CBM Dashboard - Actual machine parameter values since beginning of shift in a SPC chart (actual vis-a-vis control and warning limits) for critical parameters of workcenters in the selected cell are displayed here. Number of points outside control limits are also displayed. User can click on the relevant workcenter to fetch next level of CBM metrics for different paramters of that workcenter.
Do daily workcenter level planning, scheduling and production booking
The INPUTS menu in Datonis Factory application allows business user to upload / create daily plan at workcenter level. Workorder number, part, operation, workcenter and planned quantity in the desired sequence in a production shift can be defined. Actual performance of the operations against this daily plan is then monitored. This menu also allows manual / automatic booking of production against the productive slots created in the application. Manual / automatic entry of quality rejects along with the quality rejection codes can also be defined in this menu.
Configure alerts and notifications, daily emails
The business user can configure production and CBM based alerts for critical workcenters and parameters, so as to alert the operations management for major deviations in operational performance parameters. Notifications can be sent via email and SMS. Combination alerts can be setup for multiple CBM paramters. Daily production and CBM performance email can be setup for sending relevant operational details on email.
- Production Emails for Daily reports can be set at desired times for the end users so that one can get a quick overview of a particular Workcenter or Cell in one consolidated report over the email. For ex: A report can be scheduled daily at 8.30 AM showcasing previous day’s production insights in your email. This can be configured based one the frequency user wants to set.
- Production/CBM alerts will be configured for giving the end user notifications in form of Email or SMS over phone for different Alert Rule conditions. For production, this includes alerts for idle time greater than a specified time or production rate slower than a specified rate. For CBM alerts, notifications may be set for a range of values, say a component temperature is below or above a specified value.
Reports - Daily Production Insights
Appropriate business user as per the RBAC policy has access to different reports in the application. Daily production insights is one such report. This report provides various production insights for a particular day and at cell level.
Highlights - This section shows the total cell production, OEE, Capacity Utilization, Up time, Unplanned and Planned down time on a particular day which is selected. It also indicates a weeks moving range value along with the best day value for each metric. Shift level insights can be seen by hovering the mouse over the bar below each of the metrics.
Section below Highlights - This provides more insights into the OEE breakup (A x P x Q), planned vs. actual, idle vs productive time and reported vs non-reported idle time. Workcenter wise OEE, Productivity, Production and Production Rate charts are also available.
Time Line Details - Workcenter wise productive and unproductive slots along with different production stats are also available.
Workcenter Details - A table is available at the bottom of the report which provides all the workcenter wise production information along with operator details and last weeks moving average.
Reports - Workcenter Analysis
Appropriate business user as per the RBAC policy has access to Workcenter Analysis report. Following are the details of the Workcenter Analysis report.
Production Analysis - Production metrics like total production, OEE, Capacity Utilization, Up time, Unplanned and Planned down time for a day or range of period are available. Shift level insights can also be viewed. For a range of days, trends in these production metrics can be seen. Trend charts have a line or a column display option. Top 5 losses for unplanned and planned downtimes are also displayed.
CBM Analysis - This report gives insights into health of machine considering different parameters of the machine. SPC charts along with machine capability indices are showed along with basic statistics like mean, range, standard deviation, Cp and Cpk for these different parameters. The report can be viewed for a range of days as well as different TPM and critcality classifiers can be used to focus management attention on only critical machine parameters. The user can zoom IN and zoom OUT of the reports to get more granular insights into the raw metric data and their values vis-a-vis control and warning limits.
Maintenance Statistics - This report provides workcenter wise view of likely next maintenance date and health remaining in number of hours. This is based on the actual productive consumption of the machine and maintenance threshold data which is maintained in the master data.
Reports - Loss Analysis
Appropriate business user as per the RBAC policy has access to Loss Analysis report which is available at workcenter level. User can select a range of dates for which losses are to be analyzed. The report is presented in descending order of losses. User can click on the top losses and see a classification of those losses in different time buckets. User can also click on losses in time buckets to see start time, end time and duration of the losses.
Reports - Tools Maintenance
Appropriate business user as per the RBAC policy has access to the Tools Maintenance report. This report provides tool wise view of likely next maintenance date and health remaining in number of hours. This is based on the actual productive consumption of the tool and maintenance threshold data which is maintained in the master data.
Factory Data as a Service
The Datonis Application API is a fully RESTful JSON based API that can be used to interact with the Datonis platform. Everything that can be achieved using the Datons UI and more can be achieved using the Datonis Application API.
The API can be used for the following purposes.
- As a command line interface (CLI) instead of using the Datonis UI.
- Building custom web and mobile applications for your Things.
- Integrating your thing data with other software systems
We are currently at version 3 of the API. Datonis will maintain backward compatibility to the last major version of the API which is version 2 which is now deprecated.