Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence Beta
About Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence (MInt)
Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence (MInt) is a cloud-based software which transforms the organizations (Plant) manufacturing related data from heterogeneous sources to depict a comprehensive 360-degree view of the plant.
Different Aspects of MInt
The following are Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence (MInt) key characteristics:
- Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence completely depicts the end-to-end manufacturing process
- A single portal which transforms and displays data with various angles like Productivity, Quality, Energy and Work order
- Preventive Maintenence with condition-based monitoring (CBM).
- Act with real-time insight: Passing data between enterprise-level and plant floor systems to display reports, analysis, visual summaries so that from a floor manager to the plant management can take informed decisions.
- On-Demand Monitoring: Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence has a fluid design and adapts to the target device screen, so you can monitor machines and access reports literally on the go.
KPI management first starts with understanding what to measure and then how to measure. The Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence has a well-defined measurement to monitor, analyze and optimize the defined production KPIs.
1) OEE - Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) is a measure of how well a manufacturing operation is utilized (facilities, time and material) compared to its full potential, during the periods when it is scheduled to run.
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) = Availability * Performance * Quality
- Availability = Operating Time / Scheduled Time
- Performance = (No. of parts * Ideal cycle time ) / Operating Time
- Quality = (No. of good parts / Total parts produced ) * 100
2) CU - Capacity Utilization (CU) is the extent to which an enterprise or a nation uses its installed productive capacity.
- Capacity Utilisation (CU) = (EWT – Planned Shut Down Time - No Demand) / EWT
- Effective Working Time (EWT) = Total available time - Planned maintenance
3) EU - Effective Utilization = Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) * Capacity Utilization (CU)
4) Cycle Time - Cycle Time is the total time from the beginning to the end of your process including loading, processing and unloading. A Cycle is used to calculate throughput time and mostly used in discrete manufacturing.
- Cycle Time = Loading Time + Machine Auto Cycle + Unloading Timeline
5) Downtime - Total time for which machine was stopped or the product is not getting produced for a selected shift or a day
6) Planned Downtime - Downtime is caused by planned maintenance, operator leave or a holiday.
To translate the present organization structure into an IIOT enabled formation; The Datonis MInt application has the following hierarchy.
- Department (Plant)
- Cell or Line (under the plant)
- Workcenter(s) (i.e. machines under a cell or a line)
This workspace captures the productivity elements at all the Organization level. The dashboard shows summarized insights for the key KPIs like OEE, Production Quantity, CBM Alerts and Quality Alerts. This dashboard gives a bird’s eye view to the key plant stakeholders as well as executive management.
This has the following sections:
- Cells: This shows the combined KPIs OEE, Production Quantity, CBM Alerts and Quality Alerts.
- Lines: This shows the Line-level OEE, Production Quantity, CBM Alerts and Quality Alerts.
Productivity is an important aspect of Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence. It is one of the basic variables governing economic production activities. However, at the same time as productivity is seen as one of the most vital factors affecting a manufacturing company’s competitiveness.
Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence portraits productivity in the following manner:
Productivity- User Actions:
The bookings are added under the Actions menu. The user can perform the following bookings under the productivity module:
- Downtime Booking
- Production Booking
- Book Performance Loss
Productivity Reports: There are different reports covered under this:
- Productivity Dashboard
- Productivity Analysis
- Production Timeline
- Downtime Analysis
Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) plays a crucial role in preventive maintenance. Condition Based Monitoring is the process of monitoring a parameter of condition in work center (vibration, temperature etc.), in order to identify a significant change which is indicative of a developing fault. Condition Based Monitoring has a unique benefit in that conditions that would shorten normal lifespan can be addressed before they develop into a major failure. Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence has a separate workspace for Condition Based Monitoring (CBM).
CBM- User Actions:
- CBM Dashboard at Cell/Line
- CBM Dashboard at workcenter
- MTBF and MTTR Reports at Cell/Line
- MTBF and MTTR Reports at workcenter
Quality is another important aspect of production and so as of Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence. The effects of quality bottlenecks can be reflected across the entire line or cell. The continuous efforts to deliver quality products while balancing optimal throughput is an important measure to help manage manufacturing processes. Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence tries to cover the quality aspects of it from the rejection bookings and its impact can be also represented in the application in its reports.
Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence also has a provision to record quality samples and maintain a digital trace using Inspection Policy module.
Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence also covers the Energy workspace with two out of the box utilities i.e. electricity and Compressed Air. If a plant uses more utilities, there is a provision to add them. This gives an overview of the Utilities configured in the Plant.
The following reports are covered under energy workspace:
- Energy Dashboard
- Energy Analysis
The Work order is another workspace in Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence. This captures the overall production happened for a Part for the planned work order. This provides a detailed view of the work order progress. Datonis Manufacturing Intelligence also allows creating the Workorder for a Part. Work order also maintains its life cycle in terms of when it is planned vs when it is completed and other aspects of it.